How Much Iron In A Cup Of Spinach
Plus spinach shrinks like crazy once it s cooked.
How much iron in a cup of spinach. How much iron does spinach really contain. Nutrition facts spinach canned spinach good source of fiber you searched for iron in canned spinach which belongs to vegetables. Nutrition data s patent pending estimated glycemic load egl is available for every food in the database as well as for custom foods meals and recipes in your pantry. Nutrition facts spinach 1 2 cup spinach baby spinach you searched for iron in 1 2 cup spinach which belongs to vegetables.
Nutrition facts and information for spinach raw. That s 38 percent of what men and older women need and 17 percent of younger women s. About 3 5 ounces 100 grams of raw spinach contain 2 7 mg of iron or 15 of the dv 7. Estimated glycemic load glycemic load is a way of expressing a food or meal s effect on blood sugar levels.
Although this is non heme iron which isn t. Department of agriculture s national nutrient database reports that spinach is rich in iron each cup of cooked spinach contains 6 4 milligrams of the vital mineral. For cup to cup comparison you re likely eating 5 times more spinach if you choose to eat cooked. Spinach 90 grams 1 7 mg of iron that equals 1 8 mg 100 grams ground beef 90 grams 3 mg of iron that equals 3 3 mg 100 grams calves liver 85 grams 12 mg of iron that equals 14 mg 100 grams.
A 1 2 cup spinach of spinach contains about 15 iron per serving. For years people have been eating spinach both raw and cooked in an attempt to step up their iron intakes. This is slightly less than 4 percent of the 18 milligrams of iron women need each day according to the centers for disease control and. Spinach provides many health benefits but very few calories.
The idea that spinach is an iron rich food dates back to the late 1800s when german chemists first measured the iron content of spinach. A canned spinach of spinach contains about 27 iron per serving. A half cup of cooked spinach the serving size for all cooked vegetables supplies 3 milligrams of iron. For a man that.
- Say Goodbye To Your Boss
- Second Date At His House
- Rubbing Alcohol On Stainless Steel
- Signs A Spouse Is Cheating
- Shortest Commercial Flight In The World
- Say The Opposite Of These Words
- Should You Wash Socks Inside Out
- Should Toilet Paper Be Over Or Under
- Scary Do It Yourself Halloween Props
- Romantic Ideas For My Wife
- Riddle Me That One Liners Answers
- Short Stories On Gratitude To God
- Riddles For Kids To Solve
- Scariest Water Slide On Earth
- Showing Favoritism To One Child
- Should I Propose To My Boyfriend
- Show Me Images Of Kittens
- Riddles To Tell Your Parents
- Signs Of A Con Artist Friend
- Signs And Symptoms Of Mold