What Eats A Whale Shark
Whales are so large that they have very few predators or natural enemies.
What eats a whale shark. The whale shark is mostly only eaten by crabs and lobsters. The same documentary showed footage of a whale shark timing its arrival to coincide with the mass spawning of fish shoals and feeding on the resultant clouds of eggs and sperm. Killer whales have been known to eat sharks in the wild though they are not a preferred food source as they consider the shark dangerous. The whale shark forages for food at or near the surface of the ocean.
The whale shark like the world s second largest fish the basking shark is a filter feeder. The others are the megamouth shark megachasma pelagios and the basking shark cetorhinus maximus. They have specialized passive filter structures in their mouths that allow sea water to pass through and strain out food matter. Some of the sharks that have been recorded being hunted by killer whales include hammerheads makos great whites threshers and whale sharks.
A juvenile whale shark is estimated to eat 21 kg 46 pounds of plankton per day. The whale shark is one of three large filter feeding sharks. The bbc program planet earth filmed a whale shark feeding on a school of small fish. Humans are the primary predator of sharks.
Whale sharks are filter feeders which means that they eat massive amounts of tiny crustaceans plankton and other small organisms. Although protected in many countries taiwanese catches. Is called tofu shark. Its large mouth is well adapted to filter feeding and contains more than 300 rows of small pointed teeth in each.
In order to eat the beast juts out its formidably sized jaws and passively filters everything in its. Killer whales also hunt attack and eat sharks. The great white shark is the main species of shark that occasionally eats whales. Aside from sharks the only other creature that ever eats a whale is the orca or killer whale which is the largest member of the dolphin family and not really a whale at all.
Though consumption of shark meat is relatively rare in humans it is widely available for purchase throughout the world. Some small types or species of whales are sometimes attacked and eaten by the largest sharks.
- Can You Get Grease Out Of Clothes
- Can You Mix White Vinegar And Bleach
- Causes Of Ear Mites In Dogs
- Can You Make A Key From A Lock
- Can You Highlight Color Treated Hair
- Can You Put Frozen Meat In The Crockpot
- Can You Wash A Down Comforter At Home
- Can You Mix Rubbing Alcohol And Hydrogen Peroxide
- Can Queen Elizabeth Skip Charles
- Can Someone Tell If You Look At Their Facebook Profile
- Cartoon Photos Of Barbie And Skipper In Their Swimwear
- Can Your Phone Camera Be Hacked
- Can You Take Magnets On A Plane
- Can You Pour Liquid Detergent Directly On Clothes
- Cc Cream What Is It
- Can Rotisserie Chicken Be Frozen
- Can You Dry Clean Something That Says Hand Wash
- Canada Milk Comes In Bags
- Central America Best Places To Visit
- Can You Still Fly Standby